It’s all happening! With The Amity Affliction releasing Chasing Ghosts to much acclaim (including taking out the #1 slot in the ARIA charts!), it’s now time for Byron Bay’s own Parkway Drive to try their hand at the big leagues with their fourth full-length Atlas slated for release October 26th.
With the year coming to a close, this issue also boasts our Annual Reader’s Poll where you’re free to have your say on who killed it this (and who probably ought to be killed). Just for speaking your mind, we’ve got a KILLER prize up for grabs thanks to the kind folk at UNFD. If you’re the lucky winner, you’ll get a meet and greet with the Australian artist of your choice from the UNFD label! Amity Affliction? In Hearts Wake? Buried In Verona? Oh yes, you could be hangin’ with the best of them, so be sure to get your answers in!
Also this issue, climb aboard the freebie train with our copy of Less Talk, More Punk Vol 2! 20 tracks deep, this baby is bursting at the seams with Avastera, Cupidfalls, Them Sharks!, Chainsaw Hookers and tonnes more so you can rock out while you read.
Lining the pages of BLUNT this month we’ve got:
- Parkway Drive: Byron’s famous sons add some weird shit to their metalcore and get serious about the environment.
- Muse: Unintentionally penning an Olympic theme song is all in a day’s work for these Brits.
- All Time Low: The pop-punk kings beg for forgiveness for all the sins they committed on their last album.
- Title Fight find their green thumb and devastate an entire scene with their new album.
- Between The Buried And Me: Prog metal never sounded so god damn… proggy. Prepare thy mind.
- Tame Impala: Perth sons want you to take an acid trip with your mum.
- Grinspoon: Lismore’s finest pulled a rabbit out of their hat on their latest album, but don’t dare bring up the past.
Plus The Amity Affliction, At The Gates, Down, Such Gold, Regular John, Fuck…I’m Dead, Miles Away, Blacklevel Embassy, an Underoath memorial poster and all the usual BLUNT good bits!